Job Listings and Information
All job postings must include a closing date and an e-mail contact. If the posting has no closing date, it will remain posted for a maximum of 45 days. Submitted material may be edited to fit. Submit a job posting: Employment
Click here to see In-State Employment Opportunities
Click here to see Out-of-State Employment Opportunities
Town Planner – Woodbury, CT
Post date: 12/6/2016
Close Date: 12/30/2016
Summary: Works under the supervision of the First Selectman and adheres to the policies of the regulatory land-use agencies – Zoning Commission, Planning Commission, Inland Wetlands Agency, Historic District Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals. Coordinates and administers the land use regulatory process; maintains necessary plans and mechanisms to guide the appropriate development of the Town; performs managerial duties related to staff and budget. Provides supervision and delegates work responsibilities to the Enforcement Officer, and administrative staff.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in municipal planning or closely related field; Master’s Degree preferred. Must have at least five years’ experience in municipal planning. Preference given to AICP certification and previous supervisory experience. Certification by CAZEO, DEEP Municipal Inland Wetland Commissioners Training Program or CLEAR a plus.
Salary & Benefits: 35 hours per week. Salary range based on experience.
To Apply: A detailed job description and job application can be found at www.woodburyct.org. Interested applicants should submit resume and job application no later than December 30, 2016 to:
Town of Woodbury
Attn: Sarah Wirtes
281 Main Street South
Woodbury, CT 06798
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Assistant Town Planner – Enfield, CT
Post date: 11/28/2016
Close Date: December 16, 2016 or until filled
Summary: Responsible position involving assisting the Director of Planning in the planning and carrying out of studies and work related to community development land use and other activities. Essential job functions: performs land use studies and recommends proposed legislation relative to use and occupancy of land and buildings; accumulates and analyzes statistical data; advises the Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency and Conservation Commission as required; performs Inland Wetlands enforcement activities; recommends and researches amendments to zoning ordinances, wetland regulations and the plan of development; advises the Historic District Commission; reviews and issues sign permits; and performs landscape inspection. See listing for full description.
Qualifications: Masters degree in Planning highly desirable. Bachelors degree in geography, planning or public administration or closely related field and three (3) years experience in the field of municipal planning or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary & Benefits: $$61,866.00.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume along with application.
Planner/Project Manager – Western Connecticut Council of Governments
Post date: 11/21/2016
Close Date: Open until filled
Summary: The Western Connecticut Council of Governments (WestCOG) seeks a qualified person to serve as a Planner/Project Manager. The employee will be stationed in WestCOG’s office in Sandy Hook. See full job description on website.
Qualifications: S/he should have a Bachelor’s degree in (Master’s preferred) from an accredited university in one of the following or a relevant field: Planning, Geography, Information systems, Operations management, Management science, Public administration, Recreation, Tourism, Transportation planning or engineering, or Logistics.
In addition, at least one year of relevant experience and/or Engineer in Training certification. (There will be the opportunity to work under a licensed Professional Engineer.) The ideal candidate will have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English, mathematics and statistics, and graphic design.
To be considered, applicants must have a driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and be legally able to work in the United States.
Salary & Benefits: Position will be filled at the Assistant/Associate Planner level, or as a Project Manager, and corresponding salary of $45,000-$55,000, depending on qualifications. Benefits are available.
To Apply: Before applying, please verify that the position is still open by visiting the WestCog website. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Mr. Francis R. Pickering, Executive Director at email@example.com. Selected candidates may be asked to provide additional information or to appear for a personal interview. WestCOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Finance Administrator – Fitzgerald & Halliday, Inc., Hartford, CT
Post date: 11/15/2016
Close Date: Open until filled
Summary: Fitzgerald & Halliday, Inc., an environmental, transportation and community planning firm, is seeking a self-motivated full-time financial support professional to assist our Director of Finance and Benefits in our Hartford, CT office. Responsibilities will include reviewing and processing accounts payable invoices and employee expenses; purchasing, project invoicing and accounts receivable support; and other miscellaneous financial duties. The individual will assist with weekly and monthly project and financial reporting, as well as various HR, general office, and year-end tasks.
Qualifications: Position requires strong computer and organizational skills, flexibility, versatility, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff. Experience with Deltek Ajera is preferred, as well as strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Two or more years of experience required in general office financial support. Experience in the Transportation A/E industry a plus.
To Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Claudia Massie, 416 Asylum Street, Hartford, CT 06103. Fitzgerald & Halliday, Inc. is an EEO/AA /VEV/Disabled employer.
Assistant Town Planner – Hamden, CT
Post date: 11/15/2016
Close Date: 12/14/2016, 4:00 PM
Summary: Provides assistance to the Town Planner in the areas of municipal planning, site plan reviews, environmental planning principles. See full description here..
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, or a closely-related field of study is required and two (2) years of directly related job experience. A Masters Level degree in Urban Planning or Public Administration or specifically related field is desirable. Membership in the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is highly desirable.
To Apply: Applications and copies of the job description are available in the Personnel/Civil Service Office from 8:30 – 4:30 PM daily and on www.hamden.com.
Assistant Town Planner/Zoning Enforcement Officer – Rocky Hill, CT
Post date: 11/10/2016
Close Date: Open until filled
Summary: The Town of Rocky Hill is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Town Planner / Zoning Enforcement Officer. This is a highly responsible professional position with considerable independence in directing Planning and Zoning functions of the Town. Work is performed under the general direction of the Town Planner and Director of Community Development Services; and in accordance with prevailing policies, laws, regulations and rules applicable to specific areas of planning and zoning. For a detailed job description and list of essential functions, click here.
Salary & Benefits: This position is part of the NAGE Local RI-288 Union contract. Salary (see Schedule A of collective bargaining agreement) is $34.56 per hour (as of 7/1/14) and hours will be in accordance with the Union contract which can be viewed online.
To Apply: Interested applicants must submit each of the following: 1) A resume; 2) A letter of interest which demonstrates how you meet the qualifications; and 3) A completed Town of Rocky Hill Application for Employment. All application materials must be submitted via email to Human Resources (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Please be advised finalists will be required to undergo a comprehensive background, financial, and/or criminal investigation. The Town of Rocky Hill is an EEO/AA Employer and complies with the ADA.
Environmental Analyst – Wilton, CT
Post date: 10/17/2016
Close Date: Open until filled
Summary: Town of Wilton seeks Environmental Analyst, to work under the immediate supervision of the Director of Environmental Affairs. Functions include reviewing permit applications and analyzing activities and land development for natural resource impacts. See full description here.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or related field and at least one year’s experience in natural resource management;
- Proficiency in word processing and database software;
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS software;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, concepts, and practices governing inland wetlands, watercourses, open space uses and values, and natural resources;
- Ability to interpret and apply Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and standards relating to the environment;
- See full description here.
Salary & Benefits: Starting salary range mid $58,110 to $63,869 DOQ. Excellent benefits package. Position will remain open until filled. EOE.
To Apply: Please submit application, resume, and cover letter to Director, Human Resources, Labor Relations, and Administrative Services, Town of Wilton, 238 Danbury Road, Wilton, CT 06897. Application and job description located at www.wiltonct.org or call 203/563-0100.
Facilities Planner – Newport Naval Station, RI
Post date: 11/29/2016
Close Date: Open until filled
Summary: The Facilities Planner (FP) will be assigned to the NAVFAC Mid-Atlantic, Asset Management (AM) Business Line. The Facilities Planner (FP) will be assigned to the NAVFAC Mid-Atlantic, Asset Management (AM) Business Line. This will be in direct support of the execution of the standard NAVFAC Planning Products & Services.
While the FP will be involved with various aspects of planning, the main expectations of this assignment:
- Do NOT involve Master, Regional or local Planning.
- Include heavy involvement with space usage analysis.
- Requires expertise using Autocad to document space usage on floor plans.
- Include developing construction scopes of work and government cost estimates.
- Bachelor Degree in Community Planning or Engineering/Architecture
- 4 years’ experience in planning, related area, prefer planning at a shipyard
- Valid Driver’s License
- Government Facilities Planning
- Civil Engineering background, especially Utilities projects
- Development of planning support A&E scopes of services
- Master long range planning
- Electronic Project Generator (EPG)
- Basic Facility Requirements (BFRs)
- Internet Navy Facility Assets Data Store (iNFADS)
Candidates must be US Citizens, due to requirement to access military installations and data systems. Candidates must be willing to submit to an extensive background check and drug screen.
Salary & Benefits: Exempt position – salaried, 40+ hours per week.
To Apply: Send resume and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Division Chief (Transportation Planning) and Assistant Division Chief (Economic Development/Special Projects Coordinator) – State Planning Division, RI
Post date: 11/28/2016
Close Date: 12/9/2016, 11:59 PM
Summary: These positions play a critical role in carrying out the State Planning Council’s duties as Rhode Island’s only federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO). These are management positions responsible for supervising, directing and coordinating the work of a staff engaged in strategic or transportation planning functions as they relate to planning services for agencies of the state government. Initial focal areas will include:
- Management of the State’s Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) to ensure that it best reflects Rhode Islanders’ travel needs while enhancing its sustainability and competitiveness within the region.
- Work with the Division Director to manage and facilitate major economic development and transportation investment projects in the state.
- Serve as the Division’s grants coordinator and seek out external funding opportunities related to transportation, resiliency, planning and development
- Management of the State’s first Bicycle Master Plan.
- Drafting the State Planning Council’s Annual Work Program and budget as per the requirements of the Federal Highway and Transit Administrations.
- Modernize the State Guide Plan and make it more relevant to various state and municipal actions and activities.
- Ensuring the State Planning Council’s compliance with the procedures required to maintain its federal designation as the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the State.
- To assist the Division Director and the Division Chief in planning, supervising, directing and coordinating the work of a staff engaged in planning services.
- To design and carry out monitoring programs, and evaluate the results achieved by a plan, as well as make recommendations for modifications as required.
- To appear on behalf of the agency before agencies, boards, commissions and the public to describe the agency’s role, plans or policies.
- To coordinate staff operations to insure effective assignments and utilization of professional and technical personnel, and to supervise the work of drafting, administrative and clerical personnel engaged in supporting functions.
Qualifications: Education: Such as may have been gained through: possession of a master’s degree in planning, public or business administration, political or social science, a design profession, or a degree in law; and
Experience: Such as may have been gained through: considerable employment in a responsible supervisory capacity involving planning or policy development.
Or, any combination of education and experience that shall be substantially equivalent to the above education and experience.
Salary & Benefits: $42.28 – $47.93 Hourly; $76,944.00 – $87,239.00 Annually
To Apply: Applications will be received online only, until December 9, 2016 at 11:59PM. To apply for these Principal Planner position, visit APPLY.RI.GOV.
Executive Director – Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission, NH
Post date: 11/17/2016
Close Date: 1/6/2016, 4:00 PM
Summary: The Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission (UVLSRPC) seeks a full-time Executive Director to lead our dynamic, nine-member staff. The UVLSRPC is an association of 27 cities and towns in western New Hampshire, and is one of nine Regional Planning Commissions (RPC) in New Hampshire enabled through state legislation (RSA 36:45).
The position requires a professional who is an effective manager with a strong understanding of diverse planning, public health, transportation, environmental and economic development issues at the local, regional, state and interstate levels. On a day-to-day basis, the Executive Director can serve many roles including manager, administrator, planner, facilitator, advocate, and consensus-builder. This is a high-profile position with significant expectations that offers a unique career opportunity to enhance our region’s landscape, economic vitality, and quality of life. Visit our website to obtain a copy of the complete job description and application instructions.
Salary & Benefits: Starting salary range begins at $75,000 and upward, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The UVLSRPC offers excellent health and dental insurance benefits, and an employermatched 457(b) retirement plan.
To Apply: Persons interested in applying for the position are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, and three references by the close of business on January 6, 2017 to: Mr. Steve Schneider, Chair UVLSRPC Executive Director Search 10 Water Street, Suite 225 Lebanon, NH 03766 E-mail to: Info@uvlsrpc.org
The Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, members of minority groups, or individuals with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Mid-Level Planner – Laberge Group, Albany, NY
Post date: 10/20/2016
Close Date: Posted until filled
Summary: Laberge Group based in Albany, New York has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and talented mid-level planner. This individual will work collaboratively with our team to prepare and assist in the preparation of:
- Comprehensive & Master Plans
- Zoning Regulations & Land Use Ordinances
- Planning & Zoning Review
- Shared Services, Consolidation, and Dissolution Studies
- Brownfield Opportunity Area Plans
- Open Space/Recreation Plans
- Environmental Assessments (SEQR/NEPA)
- Community Development Strategic Plans
- Main Street & Downtown Revitalization Plans
- Waterfront Revitalization Plans
- Economic Development Plans
- Grant Writing, Administration and Management
The preferred individual will have significant experience in zoning, the local land use approval process, and shall possess the skills to take a lead role in managing tasks. We are looking for a planner who can communicate (written and verbally), has a strong technical aptitude, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelors in planning or related field required; Masters and AICP preferred.
- Six (6) years’ experience.
- Must be a skilled public presenter.
- Proficient with zoning and land use codes; form based code experience preferred.
- Excellent technical writing and computer skills are required.
- Must be accomplished in the management of multiple projects with excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel required
- Experience using state of the art techniques to complex assignments using ESRI ArcGIS software, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Publisher preferred.
To Apply: Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Laberge Group, 4 Computer Dr. Albany, NY or e-mail email@example.com.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Laberge Group, an Equal Opportunity Employer, has provided quality Engineering, Survey, Planning and Architectural services to government and private sector clients throughout New York for over 50 years. Visit our website at www.LabergeGroup.com